Fall 2017

  Welcome Back! This semester I am entering my Junior year, which is crazy. I can't believe it!  So far, the years I have spent in college have gone by so fast.  I feel like I was walking through the doors of Sakac Hall yesterday, entering my freshman year. However, another semester means another methods course.  This semester, I am taking my third methods course which is science methods.  Before walking into this course, I didn't really know what to expect.  So many things were running through my mind, and when I sat down in class on Tuesday afternoon I was not expecting to be getting prepared to become a digital educator.

Image result for digital education




   When it comes to technology I am able to navigate through my phone with no problems, and I can do what I need to do on my computer to complete assignments or projects that I may need to do.  Although, I am not fluent when it comes to doing stuff on programs such as Google Drive.  I can just do enough to get by with technology that it looks like I know what I am doing from the outside, but I really have no idea.


  It is a really great thing that Dr. Smirnova is going to make us into, as she said, "computer native" educators and not "computer immigrant" ones.  We now live in a world where technology is everywhere, and we need to know how to use it. With this technology age that is becoming our world, schools are using technology in classrooms to enhance the learning of students.  If we don't know how to effectively use the technology that we are being provided with, then we won't be able to teach our students effectively.

Image result for digital education




   Technology, and using it appropriately, I feel, is something that some people are scared to grasp a hold of or they think that it is just going to be a distraction in school.  But, when students have all of the most current information at their fingertips we are helping them to build up their knowledge. Students can become more creative, can become more responsible, and be completely engaged, all with the use of technology.


 

Comments

Popular Posts