I Completed Science Methods?

I cannot believe the semester is over! I honestly did not think that I would be saying that right now! The time flew by really fast and we did so much all semester.  Doing all of the assignments and tasks in Science Methods taught me how to be a digital educator, which is extremely important today.

For the last day of class, Dr. Smirnova brought in pierogis for the class to enjoy and we went over our e-folios.  As of the last day of class, my e-folio was not completely finished.  I need to still finish the unit plan component to it and to add edTPA  task 2, which is the video of my fieldwork group teaching. If you would like to visit my e-folio, click this link! Creating the e-folio was a good experience.  It was very satisfying seeing all the work I have done in Science Methods come together!

During Science Methods, the greatest learning experience I got from this was the fieldwork.  This was my first time standing in front of an entire class and teaching them.  This was a great thing to practice before I student teach and before I have my own classroom.  Working one on one with a student and standing in front of 20 plus students is a very different experience.  Not only was it good to teach the students, but it was great to work collaboratively in groups.  This taught us how to work together to plan lessons since this is something we are going to do as teachers in the field.

This course also taught me a lot about different technology that you can use in the classroom to enhance your lessons.  Before this class, I honestly thought using technology meant showing a video to class but it is so much more than that! We can use technology in the class to involve the students in the lesson and to make what they are learning more engaging.  The use of technology is so important in the classroom today because our society is so technology driven.  Our students need to know how to use technology effectively and so do we!

Now that I am completed with the Science Methods it is on to Social Studies Methods.  I will be keeping a blog for that course as well.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts