Google Classroom: That Was Easy!

Related imageDr. Smirnova sent our whole class an e-mail with a code that we were to put in to access a google classroom that she had created.  When I first saw it I began to remember that I had actually seen google classroom in use before.

During my fieldwork observation hours for a previous course, I saw google classroom being used by a fourth grade teacher with her class.  The students were using it to submit answers to questions from readings they had done, and they were using it to submit quiz answers.  When I first saw it, I thought that it was a great way to incorporate technology into a classroom, and to eliminate both the teacher and the students from having so many papers.

Related imageNow that I have had the opportunity to actually use google classroom myself, I love it even more.  Most importantly, it is easy to use.  I used the google classroom Dr. Smirnova created from the student's point of view.  When I put the class code in, the assignment that I needed to complete was right there on my screen, I did not have to go searching long and far for it.  Once I completed the quiz, google classroom automatically sent my results to her.  Google classroom helps the students by just sending the results, and it helps the teacher by having the results just sent straight to them; they don't have to go through and grade everyone's paper. They can see what grade the student received, what questions they got wrong, and who didn't complete the assignment in the class. 

We also had a question to answer on the google classroom. When we answered how the scientific method affects our lives on a daily basis, we just simply hit submit and our answer popped up right on a little forum for Dr. Smirnova to see; our classmates can see the answer as well.  Now, you might think "well, if the students can see someone else's answer, they will just go and change theirs so that it is right".  Guess what? They can't do that.  Once you submit your answer on google classroom to the discussion forum, you don't have the ability to go back and change what you wrote.  This avoids the problem of students changing their answer, but allowing them to see what their peers thought.

Google Classroom is a simple program that can be used to keep everyone on the same page.  The teacher can send the students feedback right away, they can communicate with them through google classroom (they can also communicate with the parents) by answering questions, posting assignments, things you want them to know for class, and it keeps everything you are doing with your class in one place. 

No more messy desks or missing papers with the use of google classroom!

Comments

Popular Posts